For more information:
Name: Lucy Martin
Tel: 07511 493244
No results found in this location. Please try again.
Music with Mummy | Lucy
Who is Music with Mummy Lightwater, Bagshot and West End Woking?
Hello! My name is Lucy Martin and I run Jolly Babies (0-1 year old), Music with Mummy (1-5 year old) and Music Time (3-5 year old) classes in Lightwater, Bagshot and West End(Woking).
What do I do in my classes?
- I run fun, stimulating and educational music classes for babies and children.
- Classes are half an hour long (40 minutes for Music Time) and focus on different educational themes such as Pets, Family, Weather, Toys, Transport, and Light for example.
- I endeavour to be an important addition to the preschool learning a child is receiving elsewhere as well as educating on a range of musical concepts such as fast/slow, loud/soft and rhythm.
- The songs that we sing are either specially composed for Music with Mummy or are old favourites and nursery rhymes that you would know.
How do I do my classes?
- I only take 10 babies or children in a class – essential for this type of activity.
- This ensures that the classes are personal (I sing to each child by name) and are fun and not over whelming.
- I use a variety of instruments, puppets, parachutes, streamers, toys, balloons and ribbons to really make the classes exciting and enjoyable!
Why do I run my classes in Lightwater, Bagshot and West End?
- I love making music with children!
- I enjoy helping mummies, daddies, grannies and childminders make new friends.
- I believe it is very important to encourage listening skills in children as well as promoting early speech and language development.
- I love seeing the interaction and enhanced bonding between parent and child in these sessions.
- I feel that developing a sense of rhythm and movement is the key to continuing with music through life.
“Begin a child’s journey into the world of music at an early age!”
Come along and try a music session for free!
(Normal cost of classes – only £5 a class. (£6 Music Time). Siblings and twins discounts. Pay as you go option available.)
Where can you find my classes?
Monday afternoons at St Anne's Church Centre, Bagshot
- Jolly Babies at 2.45pm
- Music with Mummy at 3.15pm
- Music Time at 3.45pm
Wednesday mornings at Lightwater Leisure Centre
- Music with Mummy classes at 10.05am and 10.35am
- Jolly Babies at 11.05am
- Music Time at 11.35am
Friday mornings at West End Sports Pavilion
- Music with Mummy at 10.05am and 10.35am
- Jolly Babies at 11.05am
I also do Jolly Babies and Music with Mummy parties. These involve lots of singing, movement, puppets, bubbles, balloons and much much more birthday fun! All at a very economical price! Contact me for more party details!
It's so much more than a music class. I love the music, singing and dancing but especially the sensory aspects to the class, like using bowls and spoons to mix while singing a song about making a cake, having free play to choose various instruments to make sound are just a couple of examples!
Our teacher is fab, welcoming and always delivers. Evan absolutely loves every week and I enjoy my quality time with my little man...even though he has learnt how to poke his tongue out like the song we sang about a cat drinking his milk!
Thank you Lucy Martin xxx